Society of St. Vincent de Paul
MISSION Of SOCIETY OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL:
Inspired by Gospel values, men & women join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering in the tradition of its founder, Blessed Frédéric Ozanam, and patron, St. Vincent de Paul.
About Our lady of the rosary conferencE:
We strive for spiritual growth of the members, developing solidarity among both members and those in need, and serving people with compassion, generosity, and respect.
If you can afford an hour a week ~ stock a shelf, answer email, do spreadsheets, drive a car, make home visits … come join us!
We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, 5:30 PM at Our Lady of the Rosary Classrooms.
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul helps all in need. If you find yourself in need of assistance, please call our Help Line at 208-331-2208
- Our Vincentian tradition, from the time of our founder, Frederic Ozanam, has always been the personal involvement of our members with those in need
- This direct approach to assistance gives the Home Visitor a chance to assess need, and offer additional assistance such as food, clothing and furniture
- The Vincentians provide those in need the simple fellowship of a listening ear and a caring heart
- Vincentians always visit in pairs
- The Society understands that when people fall on hard times, sometimes they simply need a helping hand….We are here to extend that hand - to give help and hope
- Financial assistance provided for individuals experiencing a crisis
- Assistance covers gas, electric, water bills, and rental assistance
Ways to Contribute:
- Become a Vincentian
- Make a monetary contribution using the “Fifth Sunday” envelope found in your Parish Offering envelope packet
- Donate non-perishable food to the food pantry basket in the lobby anytime. We hand out convenient paper grocery bags with a list of needed items several times a year after Mass.
- Donate a Thanksgiving food box. Sign ups are in November.
- Donate used clothing, household items or furniture to one of the Boise St. Vincent DePaul thrift stores
- Purchase a “gift certificate” in honor of a friend or loved one at our parish Christmas Giving Fair in December
- Attend the annual St. Vincent de Paul Fair and car raffle in June. Great Family Fun!