Parish Pastoral Council - Purpose
The purpose of the Parish Pastoral Council is to foster full participation of the entire parish in the life and mission of the parish and of the Universal Church. The parish faith community participates in this mission by:
Creating and nurturing Christian Community;
Growing in Faith and Holiness;
Serving those in need, especially the poor.
Parish Pastoral Council - Function
The general function of the Parish Pastoral Council is to advise the Pastor in those pastoral matters presented to it by the Pastor. It carries out its function by:
- Informing the Pastor of the needs and concerns, gifts and resources of the whole parish and its members;
- Developing and reviewing a parish mission statement and periodically re-evaluating our direction.
- Developing a parish pastoral plan;
- Participating in ongoing pastoral planning;
- Recommending policies, procedures and programs which would assist in the implementation of the mission statement and the parish pastoral plan;
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs;
- Reflecting on diocesan pastoral priorities and recommending how they can be implemented in the parish.
Currently Serving on Parish Pastoral Council:
President: Belinda Breidenbach Vice President: Secretary:
Renee Aaron Don Atha Jim Gray Melinda Runkle
Rebecca Stich Chris Swanson Katie Zerr Mary Jo Dickson
Mary Mullen Kim Shansby Rafela Sim
Thank you council members for your dedication of serving a three year term!