Youth Ministry Leadership:
Three independent and equally important goals guide the Church’s ministry with adolescents:
- To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today
- To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community
- To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person
What is the CORE TEAM member?
The CORE TEAMmembers is a member of a group of teens and adults who commit on an annual basis (Sept. to Sept.) to serve as leaders in the Youth Ministry program of Our Lady of the Rosary. The commitment Core Team members make is as follows:
1. To love one another as Christ loves you!
2. To serve as a minister of presence to our young people.
3. To be faithful to attend Mass on Sundays & Holy Days of Obligation
4. To go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation on a regular basis
5. To have a daily prayer life that includes Sacred Scripture
6. To be accountable to my fellow Core Team Members
What do CORE TEAM members do?
1. Serve at youth ministry events.
2. Lead through participation in planning and leading events, music
ministry, drama ministry, leading in prayer, giving talks, leading
small groups, helping with set-up and clean-up, fundraising
activities, leading games & ice breakers, and serving in whatever
capacity you are asked to serve.
3. Attend the Core Team retreat, and quarterly planning session.
How do I become a part of the CORE TEAM?
Youth "Peer" Ministry Leadership(YML)
A vital ingredient in the delivery of many of our programs is the presence of our Peer Ministers. The Peer Ministers are young men and women from our program who are commissioned by the Youth Ministry department for the sole purpose of enriching the pastoral care, retreat and service programs of our ministry. The Peer Ministers seek to reach out to the entire community to offer opportunities to grow in and live their Christian-Catholic faith more fully. As students re-evaluate their life’s direction, values, and priorities the trained Peer Minister can be an effective witness to the Catholic faith by being a positive example of Christian life.
Normal planning and formation nights are on Wednesday's from 7:00 - 8:30 PM and will resume in September.