The preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is open to teens who will be sixteen years old or in the tenth grade at the time of reception (May) who have been baptized Catholic and received First Holy Communion.
This preparation will be a challenging time for us to examine the place of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit in our lives. Our program goal is to challenge each candidate to be a witness for Christ and His Church and to determine if they are ready to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The goal of this preparation is achieved through components of catechesis (instruction in the Faith), liturgy (public prayer and sacraments), service, and community building activities. Registration for Confirmation must be completed in September.
If you are eligible for Confirmation and have not Registered, please contact Cindy Anderson.
Guidelines for Confirmation
The community component is an important part of the teen's ability to begin gaining full knowledge to their apparent readiness to receive this sacrament.
Below are the requirements and guidelines that the Youth Ministry office with Pastoral direction have set in place for a successful preparation of the sacrament. If the requirements and guidelines are not followed, we will conclude that preparation is not desired.
- Youth in grade 9 who have been baptized Catholic and have received first Holy Communion.
- Youth need to be supported in their faith through regular Mass attendance with their families.
- You will need to attend an interview just prior to the Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation with the Youth Ministry Coordinator, a Core Member, or the Pastor.
- Teens must attend a Confirmation Retreat.
- Sponsor and Teen must attend a "Sponsor Retreat Night".
Confirmation will be granted based upon the apparent readiness and willingness of the youth to accept initiation as a Catholic adult and to begin practicing their Catholic faith as such.